Thursday, September 19, 2013

Interview With Stephanie Betsch CEO On Her Whole Body Transformation

Q. What are your biggest struggles with weight loss?
A. Currently I still struggle driving past fast food restaurants. I have days where I can drive by and think that I feel sorry for those lined up to get poison, and other days where all I want is a little dose of that happiness. But then I have to remember, exercise brings me that happiness. Feeling awake and aware and healthy makes me excited. I do have temporary moments of weakness where I think about going back to the unhealthy ways of eating and think that road is easier. But what is it "easier" to? Sickness, disease, embarrassment, lack of energy and confidence to do things with my boys, death? I know I will probably struggle with it for a long time. But I decided to deal with it.
Q. What was your wake up call?
A. My wake up call came out of desperation to lose weight. After over 60 attempts in 15 years to be "skinny", I needed to examine why I couldn't stick to a "diet". I discovered that I was in deed addicted to food. I was using it for my temporary "fix" multiple times a day. When I ate, my world was numb. Nothing mattered. And if I picked all the right sugary salty foods, my world was happy for five minutes. I realized this addiction was bigger than me and that I needed help. Most addicts who recover from addictions seek a rehab. I couldn't find one for an affordable price coming from an average family, so instead... I made one.
Q. What was your food like (or still is when you fall off the wagon)?
A. Oh, this might blow your mind. Well, in a completely honest world, the world I am trying to now live in now, my eating could be classified as disgusting. I was honestly addicted to fast food. Weekdays I would drop my kids off at school and get a bacon and egg and a sausage and egg mcmuffin from the good old golden arches. Throughout the day I would get 2-3 large double doubles, and in between this, I was eating all processed foods. I would make easy dinners from frozen in a box, to the oven. Add some sidekick noodles or minute rice and we were good to go (but not really). I disliked any vegetables, and fruit was never something I reached for. On top of that I would go once a week to all you can eat sushi and once a week out with my girlfriends for "wing night". It has been almost 90 days and I haven't "fallen off the wagon". I am allowed a cheat day per week on Sundays ~ I love Sundays! However, they are strategic, and needed in order to prevent plateaus. I tend to reach for chocolates more then anything. I usually just eat whatever is in the house. If I go out for my cheat meal, I head to sushi since is still a healthier option.
Q. What is your fitness like?
A. Well I can tell you that my biggest concern was working out. Our driveway alone takes maybe 30 seconds to walk up and I would need to stop a couple times. I was completely out of breath. Now I run it 10 times, and I hike 5km up a mountain a couple times a week. Not to mention my trainer has me doing things I never ever would have imagined me being able to do. Because she doesn't except the words "I can't" from me. She believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. I'm pretty proud.
Q. What is your payoff?
A. Well I got into this to address a real concern for millions of Canadians (and our American friends too). Food addiction is something most people will never admit to. But when they do, it is a powerful moment when they can finally see the answer, and I want to be there every step of the way. My payoff? Watching people discover the potential they never knew they had. It's like watching confidence build in this amazing light. Nothing is more beautiful.
For your FREE Guide To Beat Belly Fat visit: http://www.incrediblebodynow.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment