Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How To Enjoy Food And Still Lose Weight

How To Enjoy Food And Still Lose Weight
I was having lunch in a fairly nice restaurant with a girlfriend the other day when I realized that I ate my food without even tasting it. What a waste! You know, when you eat something without really even realizing you ate it. I ordered a beautiful spinach salad with goat cheese, toasted pecans, cranberries, and a delicious dressing. I finished it in record time because apparently it was a race. As my mouth was full of food, I had my fork loaded with more food, ready, and waiting an inch away form my face. How embarrassing! Do you ever find yourself eating like this?
Eating this way takes all the pleasure out of eating, so what's the point? Food is fuel for our bodies and sometimes that's okay. After I get home from a super long bike ride, like 100kms, I am so hungry and need to get food into my belly that eating is just about giving my body fuel for depleted energy. But the other 35-40 meals I eat every week should be about tasting and enjoying my food, and not about getting it down as fast as I can. When we have to actually chew our food and pay attention to what we are eating, we are inclined to make better food choices and thus, we lose weight.
For most people the pleasure we get from food isn't what it is supposed to be. Do you remember the smell of your mom, dad, grandma, whomever, cooking or baking something you just loved? My childhood memories of food are of my Dad making South African pancakes (similar to crepes) for dinner. Just thinking about it I can smell them, and see my Dad and Mom in the kitchen together making the batter, while my older brother and I crowed around them eagerly, waiting and hoping to get the first one! We are primed, hard-wired to have memories and pleasure from food, but the food industry has totally messed this up. Now what we experience is an addiction to food. And this so-called-food is absolutely awful for us; it can't even be called food. I sincerely hope that our children's memories with food are not of processed, box food that comes out of the microwave. And I'm not saying no to any treats, I make a mean double chocolate chip cookie. But, the difference with homemade isn't just the love, it's the lack of addictive chemicals that are pumped into store bought cookies that keep us sickly addicted, and they don't taste nearly as good as when somebody's Mama makes them!
For your FREE Guide To Beat Belly Fat visit: http://www.incrediblebodynow.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment